Jul 8, 2011

One Big Sick Family

There  has been a little cold swimming around our home this past week, and a few days ago, I caught it. It had already bitten Austin's hook, who gave it to David (who was already suffering from teething congestion, mind you). I started feeling bad the beginning of the week, and it has only gone downhill since then :(

It's been a long time since I was really sick, probably since about the time I had David. It is no good for the momma to get sick because she still has to cook dinner and wash the dishes, not to mention washing the laundry and taking care of sick children.

I took the boys to the doctor yesterday after David woke up with a 102.5 degree temperature under his arm (which is like 103.5 in the mouth). He has an ear infection, so I started him on an antibiotic. Austin has had a cough, which turned out to be just a virus (no strep, thankfully!).

Side note: So I don't forget, Austin is holding steady at 34 pounds, and David was 23 lb 7 oz.

I remember a few years ago when Austin was about 2 1/2 and he had several bouts of strep throat. I made a video about it, and you can view it on my old blog.

One more thing, remind me to never take Benadryl during the day. I don't know which is worse- being miserable with a cold or being hungover on cold medicine (while taking two sick boys to the doctor's office). I think I'll stick with my hot peppermint tea. That seems to be providing me with some relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment