Jul 27, 2011

CVS- diapers, razors and more

I just got back from CVS, and I wanted to brag about my savy couponing trip. The trick to shopping at CVS is to "roll" your Extra Care Bucks. You can do this by dividing up your good into separate transactions. Here's what I got for $21.35 (before taxes):

Transaction #1:

Skintimate shave gel $2.19- used $1 off coupon
2 Schick Quattro 3ct disposable razors $8.99 (used B1G1 coupon)
(There is a deal for shave products- buy $20 worth, get $10 back in ECB.)
8 ct pens $1.99 (free after ECB)

Spent $7.17, received $11.99 back in Extra Care Bucks

(The math doesn't add up right on this because the B1G1 coupon scanned as the full price of $13.99. I just noticed when I got home.)

Transaction #2:

3 pk Brita filters $14.99 (used $2 coupon I printed on their website)

minus $11.99 ECB I received in Trans. #1

Spent $1, received $5 back in Extra Care Bucks

Transaction #3:

Crest toothpaste $2.99 (used $0.75 coupon)
2 pk Opti-Free contact solution $14.99 (used $3 coupon)
Kotex $3.49 (used $1 coupon)

minus $5 ECB from Trans #2

Spent $11.72, received $9 back in Extra Care Bucks

Transaction #4

Huggies jeans diapers $8.99 (used $4 CVS coupon that printed when I scanned my card at the entrance +$1.50 Manufacturer's coupon)
Pampers sensitive diapers (on clearance for $5.50 minus $1.50 coupon)
Ludens cough drops (on clearance for $0.54)
Mucinex for children (on clearance for $2.44)

minus $9 ECB from transaction #3

Spent $1.46 out of pocket.

So, I spent $21.35 out of pocket for ALOT of stuff. I mean the contact solution and Brita filters were $14.99 a piece regular price, and those are things that I would eventually buy anyways.

There were lots of good clearance items throughout the store today. I left Austin at home to watch Spiderman with Joseph, and David and I were able to browse around. It was so nice. David is a good little coupon shopper :) Austin isn't so patient with my 45 minute shopping trips. I guess that's why I don't make it to CVS every week!

If you want to try these CVS deals for yourself, here is a good link to a blog that lays out the deals for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment