Joseph and I are one year and two days apart, so we've always celebrated our birthdays together. (Joseph's the older one.) One fun thing about having birthdays two days apart is that we get to take advantage of free birthday meals at the same time. Today we went to Captain D's. Austin was in school, so we just had David. He just eats ketchup, so we didn't have to buy him anything. :) Just kidding.... sort of. I was going to share my fries and fish, but he really didn't want anything except my soft drink... and ketchup, of course.
David is in a dipping stage. I remember when Austin went through this as a toddler. David will dip anything in ketchup- fries, apples, tortillas... anything. He would also dip anything in ranch, but the poor baby has an allergic rash on his face every time he eats ranch. I hope he grows out the allergic part because he really likes ranch. I guess he gets that from Joseph. Joseph even dips pizza in ranch. Now, I like ranch, too, but dipping fatty frozen pizza in ranch to make it more fattening is just gross.
Anyway, back to our birthday week... Wednesday we went to Chili's to take advantage of my free brownie sundae coupon. It was yummy. Again, we took David with us, and he was a very good boy. I ordered fajitas, and Joseph got a burger. (He always gets a burger at nice restaurants. I don't understand it- If I'm going to pay $10 for a meal, I want it to be something different from what I can get at McDonald's.) We shared our food with David, though I don't think he ate much more than a few fries. He must be entering that toddler phase where they don't eat much. He's always been a big eater, but this week he has just picked around on his food every meal. The pediatrician warned me about this at David's past two checkups. David has eaten a lot of raisins this week, though, which made their appearance in his diaper today. Yuck!
Speaking of diapers, I'm all stocked up for probably a month and a half. I've gotten some good Amazon diaper deals lately, and I've got three packages of the new Huggies slip-on diapers that I haven't tried yet. Some of the drugstores have had good coupon deals on the slip-on jumbo packs. ($4.50 or so/pack) They look like pull-ups, so I'm curious to see how they work out for us. I may end up saving them for when we potty train. Austin was pretty slow to train, so I'm hoping David will be a little easier. I'm already seeing signs of readiness that Austin never displayed until much older, so that's good.
I love using coupons/ freebies for restaurants. In fact I'm more likely to go somewhere if I have a coupon for it.
ReplyDeleteI can attest to Joseph's love of hamburgers from just about any eating establishment. I don't think I've ever seen him order anything else off the menu at the Irish Rover. But in his defense, a good hamburger is a good meal, no matter where it comes from or how much you pay for it.
ReplyDelete