Aug 29, 2011

A relaxing and stressful weekend

Austin made it through his first full week of school with flying colors. I had a chance to speak briefly with his teacher on Friday, so I asked if Austin was having any behavioral issues or problems. She said that he was doing great, having no problems and was "staying on task." This is great news! Austin has been telling me all week that he has been good, so it was a relief to confirm this with his teacher.


I was so happy to have a free Saturday with nothing going on. We were going to sleep in, watch TV and relax all day. Well, we did sleep in, which was wonderful. (I actually slept until nearly 8:00, which is way late for me.) We did watch TV, too. However, the relaxing part ended when I attempted to lay David down at naptime....

The toddler naptime struggle has begun in full force. It's not that David refuses to sleep. In fact, he is a pretty good sleeper and generally likes to sleep. No, the problem is that David is able to climb out of his bed (a playpen). Well, to be more accurate, David is able to climb onto the rail of his bed- then he gets stuck with one leg and arm on the inside of the rail and the other half of his body on the outside of the rail. I guess he gets up there and can't make it all the way over to the other side. This is a frustrating and dangerous situation for David to be in. I finally tried to transition him to his toddler bed, but that was a fail. Needless to say, I spent several hours both Saturday and Sunday trying to get him to either stay in his playpen or sleep in his toddler bed. Saturday, he finally fell asleep in my arms and slept for a short bit in Austin's bed. Sunday, I sang to him and rubbed his back and he finally lay still in his playpen long enough to go to sleep. I've never had sleeping issues with David, so this has been a hard weekend. Thankfully, he's still gone to sleep pretty well at night, probably because Austin is in there with him. I have a feeling the next few weeks are going to be rough at naptime, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment