Austin starts school in a week, and until then we have something big going on just about every day. Here are the highlights:
Monday (today): Austin had a brain MRI this morning. He had to be sedated so he is very sleepy. In fact, we've been home for two hours, and he hasn't budged from his bed. We have no plans the rest of the day other than catching up on some superhero cartoons.
Tuesday: Kindergarten Camp! Austin will meet his teacher and have a dry run at this whole kindergarten thing. I'm excited to get in there and start meeting people. Austin is clueless, but I think he will do fine once he gets used to being at school all day. There are going to be so many kids to play with. He's going to love that. He's also very smart, even if I am a little biased. (I also work on Tuesdays, and there is a big kindergarten kickoff event in the evening, but I doubt we'll have the energy to attend since we have so much else going on.)
Wednesday: We see Austin's neurosurgeon to get the results of his brain scan. For those who don't know, Austin had spinal surgery two years ago to release a tethered cord. While the doctor fixed the tethered cord problem, Austin still has what is called an Arnold Chiari Malformation. The MRI scan was done to check on the status of this condition. We are hopeful that nothing will need to be done at this point. From what we understand, surgery is not a pleasant option, so we want to avoid that if we can. If you are interested in reading more blog posts about Austin's spinal surgery in 2009, see #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 , #6, #7, #8 , #9 and #10.
Thursday: work and cleaning (my parents are staying the night on their way through town)
Friday: I'm doing a personal opinion study for a research center nearby, so I have to pick up the products I am testing (you can probably guess what kind of products they would test on mothers of small children- think baby care). We also have another event at Austin's school with a cookout afterward. Fun!
Saturday is a free day, as of now, which is good because Sundays are really busy for us.
The first day of school is next Monday. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment