Aug 16, 2011
Mommy-Austin Date
at
10:43 PM
We had a big storm blow through on Saturday, which caused a good bit of damage and power outages throughout Louisville, so the first day of school was postponed. I decided to take advantage of the extended summer vacation by taking Austin on a Mommy-Son date. We went to the zoo just the two of us, which never happens. I always have David with me. Really, I think Austin and I have only been together by ourselves a few times since David was born, and they were probably for doctor visits or grocery trips.
It was fun hanging out with Austin at the zoo. It was nice not pushing a stroller. We were able to weave in and out of the crowds with ease. The weather was great, too! I didn't realize until uploading this picture that we even matched. Ha! What can I say, our family likes orange :)
So, school starts tomorrow. I've got Austin's clothes and shoes set out and his backpack ready. We've prepped him for what to expect, and I told him what he should ask for when he goes through the lunch line. (cheeseburger, side salad, fruit, roll, milk- yes, he likes salad) I wrote his teacher a really long note filling her in on all things Austin. Really, she has no idea what she has gotten herself into by having Austin in her class. Just kidding. Austin will do fine.
Not sure what David and I are going to do tomorrow while Austin is in school. It's going to be different for David being the only child in the house during the day. I think I'll be able to get a good look at his unique personality once big brother is gone. The few times that David has been by himself, I have seen him play in ways that are very different from the way Austin plays. David seems to be more organized and tidy. One day, instead of dumping out a box of puzzle pieces as most kids would do, he carried that box all over the apartment, and if one puzzle piece fell out, he picked it up and put it back in the box. Another time, he carried a tin of Lincoln logs from his bedroom to the living room without dumping it. As I've said before, Austin likes to make the messes around here, and David helps to clean them up. I just have to ask David one time to clean up something, and he immediately goes to work. I'm not sure if this is just a phase or an indication of David's personality, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment