It's interesting how we Facebook users tend only to make status updates that are witty, entertaining or that paint us in the best possible light. I thought I would share some would-be status updates. Some are funny. Some are boring. They are all real life.
- Just found David standing up on the kitchen table. Ahh!
- Austin just got "grounded" for the first time. No toys or tv until tomorrow morning. He had a meltdown at Babies R Us over some toys that we didn't buy. Needs to learn to be grateful for the toys that he does have (which are plenty!).... I can't bring myself to write about the rest of the evening. It just got worse.
- David just ate a red crayon while sitting in my lap at storytime. He was so quiet about it that I didn't know until the crayon was all ground up. What a mess!
- Austin butchered his pig puppet at storytime... I think it's time to let him use scissors. He needs some practice. I don't want him going hog wild again with scissors on his first day of kindergarten.
- David is becoming more defiant. He's still a momma's boy, though. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
- David likes bananas, cut apples and beans. I've never seen a kid eat beans like David does. He eats them like candy.
- Austin is going through a transition. I need to read Shepherding a Child's Heart again, this time focusing on the older age group. We need to start appealing to his conscience.
- David makes the funniest faces. He can also keep the straightest faces. No free smiles for strangers.
- Austin has picked up some bad habits just being around kids that we know. What are we going to do when he goes to public school? My prayers are more fervent for him than ever before.
- Did I mention that David is a climber? He climbs on furniture and into laundry baskets, rubbermaid tubs, etc. I'm worried he will climb out of his playpen soon. He can almost reach his foot over the edge.
- I think we may have gotten rid of the ants in our apartment. We've never had a problem with ants until this year. There were some big black ones whose bodies were like an inch long. They looked like spiders with their long antennas. Ugh!
- The boys did good at the grocery store today. No cookies from the bakery were even required!
- We took Austin to see his new school. He'd never been to an elementary school before. His face lit up and he said, "Wow!" I think he liked the mural of Where the Wild Things Are that was painted on the walls of the hallway.
- David is a good little boy. He will actually hold my hand and walk through a parking lot without pulling free and running off or sitting down in protest. (most of the time, that is)
No comments:
Post a Comment