We've been reading a lot lately. In fact, we spent an hour in the children's room at the library yesterday. I really hadn't planned on staying that long as I was just going to walk to the library, pick up our new books and walk back home. However, I made a quick change of plans in order to avoid the creepy man who followed us into the library and was lurking around in the lobby. I figured the safest place to be was in the children's castle with other moms and kids. I wasn't sure what I was going to do if he talked to us again. Thankfully, we did not see him when we left. I think Austin has a better understanding about strangers now and that he shouldn't talk to strange men. I haven't been that nervous since Austin was a baby and a strange woman at the video rental store asked me if she could hold him. Are you serious? No, you cannot hold my baby!
Anyways, I didn't have any paper (nor did I have the desire) to write down all the books we read at the library yesterday. They were mostly board books. David is starting to sit and listen for a minute or so at a time now. That is good.
Here are some of the newest books we have read lately.
Super-Dragon written by Steven Kroll, illustrated by Douglas Holgate (cute comic book style story about when a dragon learns to fly)
Eric Carle books:
The Greedy Python (short little board book; funny; recommended)
10 Little Rubber Ducks (board book)
The Very Busy Spider (lift the flap book)
The Tiny Seed (full sized picture book)
My Very First Book of Words (board book)
Books about animals:
A Komodo Dragon Hatchling Grows Up by Katie Marsico (non-fiction)
Komodo! by Peter Sis (a fiction book)
Rainforest Romp by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker (styled like a fiction book, but it it factual)
Sharks by Valerie Bodden (Amazing Animals series- very well done non-fiction books- vibrant pictures, short factual descriptions designed for kids)
Penguins by Valerie Bodden
Polar Bears by Valerie Bodden
Other Books:
Hide and Seek by Jez Alborough
Hug by Jez Alborough
The Magic School Bus: Inside Ralphie- A Book about Germs (Austin found this at the library and really wanted to check it out. I think I remember watching this episode on PBS as a kid :)
Friendly Tales by Margaret Wise Brown (a Little Golden Book Collection- 20 stories and poems- They have lots of different Golden Book Collections out there. They have nice, old fashioned illustrations and stories.)
No comments:
Post a Comment