May 19, 2011

Halfway To Our Goal! (Books 47-50)

Top Pic:

Duck in the Truck by Jez Alborough (Great book! Funny storyline, lots of rhyming words)
Duck in the Truck


Less Impressive Reads:

Can I help? by Marilyn Janovitz (about a little wolf who tries so hard to be helpful)

Drummer Hoff adapted by Barbara Emberley, illustrated by Ed Emberley (Caldecott Medal winner- I wasn't very impressed. Although, if you are studying about canons used for war, you might be interested in this one.)

I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie by Alison Jackson, pictures by Judith Byron Schachner (I thought this was going to be really funny, but it was just strange. At the end of each page, after the old lady ate something outrageous, it would state "Perhaps she'll die." Austin and I were both uncomfortable with this, but I thought it would have a clever ending or something. Instead.... The old lady becomes a blimp at the Thanksgiving Day parade. Not sure if it was suppose to be funny or some kind of wise crack about obesity. Austin and I both thought it was pretty weird.)
Product Details

1 comment:

  1. I remember that old lady who swallowed the pie story. We used to sing a song about it in elementary school music class haha. I thought it was weird too :)

    ReplyDelete