May 4, 2011

Take Advantage of your Local Library


Inside the children's castle at the library
If you haven't noticed, I'm a big fan of the public library system.  We participate in the Summer Reading Program each year, and we have started going to the weekly story hour. They also have special activities throughout the summer months. Austin will get to participate in a special program this summer for kids heading into kindergarten.

The special events and story hours are great, but I have found the best thing about our library system is that I can request specific books online and pick them up at the front desk of my local library (within walking distance!). I don't have to wait for books to show up on the shelves, and if I want to seach for books on a certain topic, I can do it from the comfort of my own laptop. It's great!

Moral of the story- Make use of your local public library. Your tax dollars pay for it, so you might as well use it!

1 comment:

  1. OH! I love Cresent Hill Library too! Can't wait for the summer reading program :)

    ReplyDelete