A few times lately, we've gone to Barnes and Noble's storytime at the Summit. The boys really respond well to the lady who does the storytime, which lasts about 20-30 minutes. There is also a train table and a lego table to play with before and after the storytime. I've heard there is a new playground at the Summit, but it has been too hot for me to check it out yet.
A few weeks ago, we went to the Creasey Mahon Nature Center in Goshen, KY for a special event all about snakes. We took a picnic lunch and walked on a short trail by a frog pond. It was a fun little outing. Free, of course.
Well, today I thought I would try out the Home Depot Kids Workshop. Most of the kids had their dad's with them for the wood working project, but I didn't feel out of place or anything. There were lots of moms there too. It is really geared towards older kids Austin's age and up, but they gave me a truck building kit for David without any problem whatsoever. It is a free event held the first Saturday of each month from 9-12. You don't have to get there right at 9:00, but plan on spending at least an hour or more working on your craft. This week, the boys made Penske rental trucks. These are some seriously high quality craft projects, and the apron is just like the ones the store employees wear. Definitely a cool thing to do on a Saturday morning.
| David in his Home Depot apron with his Penske moving truck. |
| Austin with his Home Depot craft. |
I've been keeping a list of things to do in Louisville as a Page on my blog. Here is the link: Things to Do in Louisville, Kentucky
No comments:
Post a Comment