Mar 7, 2012

Help! My house is a mess. Where do I start?

Some people like to clean. Other people don't even seem to notice a messy house.

Then there's the rest of us- We like things to be tidy and neat, but we don't really enjoy housework. Add two boys to the mix (make that three if you count the hubby) and cleaning becomes this insurmountable task that never seems to get finished.

With that in mind, to make it worse, I felt like I was moving in slow motion this morning and just couldn't get going. It was probably due to the Excedrin PM that I took for a headache last night. I always feel hungover when I take any kind of medicine.

Anyway, I decided to walk Austin to school this morning since it was already 50 degrees and sunny outside. It was refreshing to get outside and walk (almost 2 miles round-trip), but when I got back I felt even more lethargic than before. And my house was a mess.

Well, Elisabeth Elliot always says to just "do the next thing" when you don't know what to do so I turned on some music, picked a corner of my living room (the least messy one :) and systematically worked my way around the room picking up toys, books, dishes and clothes as I went. Then before David had a chance to drag toys all over again, I did a quick vacuum and even felt motivated to wipe down the baseboards (for the first time since we moved here a year ago- eek). Now that my floors are clean, I'm starting to feel a little more energy.

Time to tackle the kitchen.



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! It's such a chore to clean, and I just have a husband and a dog! Haha. Fritz doesn't like me to pick up his mess though, if there's a toy or a chewed up paper towel in the floor he barks at me when I go to pick it up haha. And Brad has so much clutter everywhere it's almost impossible to get rid of it before it piles up again! It's a never ending cycle haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That says it! I am one of you. =D Hehe! I like things organized and I like my house squeaky clean. But since I do not have all the time in the world to go to work and clean the entire house, I normally hire a cleaning crew to do the “dirty” work for me, and even do dump-runs for me. I, of course, make sure that they are trusted, first and foremost.

    Tyler Perkins

    ReplyDelete