Apr 15, 2011

About David

Here are some things I want to remember about David at 15 months old:
  • He climbed into his plastic mega blocks wagon the other day and thought he was the cleverest baby ever. I saw him try to climb into it today, but he had on jeans and didn't have the flexibility that he had before.
  • I taught him to stick his tongue out recently (terrible, I know), and it is the funniest trick! He is tongue-tied like me, so he can't stick it out very far, so it looks really silly.
  • We chased each other around the apartment yesterday. I would chase him, and then he would turn around and decide to chase me. We just laughed and laughed about it.
  • David has started pinching and sometimes biting his older brother. It's cute now (Austin's just reward sometimes), but I know it could become a problem if we don't address it soon.
  • He is really serious about food. He is a hungry little beast. Some of the foods he eats now are: cooked black beans, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese and crackers, applesauce and rice cereal, cheerios/kix, chicken salad wrap (gobbled it all up the other day), pizza, anything resembling a cracker or snack bar, etc. He will eat all or at least part of anything I cook, which makes me a very happy cook.
  • David is loving the warm weather and being able to play outside. I have to watch him around stairs, though, because he wants to climb up them.
  • We started doing Skype with our parents, so now any time I sit at the computer with David in my lap, he starts waving his little hand like someone is there watching him.
  • David started doing a little "happy feet" dance this week. He grins and stomps, alternating his little feet. It's hilarious. I need to get it on camera.
  • He stares with straight face at strangers, but he is the funniest comedian at home. We make faces at each other all the time. (hence the sticking out the tongue trick)
  • David is starting to throw fits. Ugh. I was hoping he would be an easy toddler, but I guess there is no such thing :-)
  • Speaking of throwing, David doesn't really communicate with words or signs. He just starts chunking food on the floor when he is finished eating. We bought a plastic floor mat to put under his high chair since our table is on carpet. The best $10 we have spent in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment