Sep 3, 2013

Where have I been?

What a whirlwind of a summer!

Our third son, Logan Xavier Gould, was born on June 23rd. He was my biggest baby, weighing in at 7 lb 13 oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. Logan is now 10 weeks old and over 13 pounds! He was born with a head of hair, which is unusual for my boys. His eyes are still blue as of now, so we'll see if they end up turning brown like Joseph and the boys.  Logan is a good sleeper at night. He goes to bed at 10 and usually sleeps until at least 5 a.m. or later.
Logan Xavier Gould- 10 weeks old

I've been homeschooling Austin for about a month now. It's a new adventure for us. We are using a variety of curriculum- Sonlight Core A for History, Sonlight Language Arts 2, Abeka Arithmetic 2 for math, A Reason for Handwriting and tons of library books for Science. Our favorite part of school so far as been the read-a-loud books, which I read out loud to the kids. I've read Homer Price, Centerburg Tales, and Mr. Popper's Penguins. Math and writing are more challenging subjects, but Austin is making noticeable progress.

Our three boys!
Austin loves helping with Logan. David usually keeps his distance from the new baby, but he's starting to play with him a little. It's been great having our own house and not worrying about disturbing the neighbors (aka- crazy cat ladies). It's been nice not working, as well. I feel like homeschooling and juggling three boys has actually made me a better housekeeper and cook. I have to be super productive in order to stay afloat!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment