Oct 8, 2012

Too early to think about Christmas? I don't think so... especially when it comes to your holiday cards.

It's the second week of October, and I'm already listening to Christmas music. There's just something to be said for savoring the fun of festive music before all the hustle and bustle of the holidays actually arrives.

With that being said, it's getting to be that time of year when everybody starts having family pictures taken to be sent out in their Christmas cards. A few years ago, I started designing our Holiday Cards online through Shutterfly. You can upload your high resolution pictures, pick a fantastic design and add the text of your choice. Then, they ship your order to you at lightning fast speed (just kidding- but really it's within a week or less).

I've always been very impressed with the quality of Shutterfly's work. I get the matte finish (versus the shiny photo paper cards), and they always turn out beautiful. It also helps when you have a good photographer. Most photographers will provide you with a CD of the photo files, and you can use those to make your cards. If you take your own, I recommend using photos that have a natural or outdoor background, and make sure there aren't any cars or extra junk in the pictures. Also be sure to take the photos at a high resolution so they won't turn out blurry.
Shutterfly has several cool retro styles this year.  I like this one. 


Keep your eye out on Shutterfly's facebook page and the special offers page on their website for promotions. They almost always have free shipping with orders over $30, and you can often get an extra 20% off of greeting card orders.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. They are going to give me a super awesome promo code for sharing this post with you all. But really, everything I wrote was true. Shutterfly produces quality products, and I highly recommend them!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment