Since we are doing preschool at home this year, I thought I would share some of the resources we find helpful. We are currently using a curriculum for children ages 3/4 from Sonlight. One of the resources they suggest include a CD from WeeSing. Since I knew I could find these CDs from our local library, I just went to the library's website and made a request. This CD is called WeeSing and Pretend. If your child enjoys pretending, he will probably love this. I was a little surprised at first because it wasn't just a music CD; it actually required the participation of the listener. Initially, I had no intentions of playing along, but Austin and I got sucked into the fun pretty quickly. If you go to the Wee Sing and Pretend website, you can listen to a few song samples. It was quite a workout. We were running around the apartment for over half an hour moving nonstop pretending to be race cars, trains, animals, etc. We went on a "walk" (run, hop, crawl...) through the forest chasing after a cute little squirrel. We imagined what it would be like to be a toy that came to life after the store was closed- the toy soldiers were marching, the ballerinas were dancing, etc. Great fun. We had to work in a few water breaks we were being so active. Now, let me make a plug for the local library. Ours in Louisville is one of about 18 branches. That means there are tons of books in circulations that will never make it to the shelves of my local library in Crescent Hill. However, if you have a library card, you can go to their website, reserve books online, and they will ship them to the branch of your choosing for free. They will even send you an email when the books are ready to be picked up. It is a great service, and I don't think enough people know about it. Wherever you live, check out your library and its services. You help pay for the library with your tax money, so you might as well use it!
No comments:
Post a Comment